Sometimes deals present themselves without much work!
Recently JC Penney has gone into a mode of no coupons, just good prices every day. From talking to my hair dresser at JC Penney....it hasn't gone as well as they had hoped. My guess is that is why I received a coupon in the mail from them for $10 off any $10 or more purchase. Needless to say--a great deal! Basically $10 FREE!!!
We went in and looked at a few things, but nothing was jumping out at us that we needed. But of course, I couldn't let a free $10 go unused! :)
There are certain times of the year that items tend to be cheaper. January and February are months that typically home items are on sale, especially items like sheets, towels, etc.
Lately, some of our towels have started to unravel from years of use, so I decided to use the $10 on new towels.
The towels were listed for $10 each regularly. (Link to the towels we got that are still on sale: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/royal-velvet-egyptian-cotton-solid-bath-towels/prod.jump?ppId=1dc2d66&catId=cat100250084&deptId=dept20000012&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null)
They were on sale for $7.50 each, so we got two towels for $15. Then we used the $10 off coupon, so in the end the two towels listed for $20 total, we paid $5 for the two!
I must say too....they are super nice and fluffy!
One of the things I love about using coupons and hunting for deals is that I can get nicer items that I would never buy and have when they are at full price. I doubt I would have paid $10 each for those towels, but $2.50 each, I can handle! :)
On these chilly days in February, the fluffy new towels are a welcomed refresher when getting ready to head out and brave the cold! (and the thrill of the deal warms you up too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment