As some may have already figured out, Groupon and Living Social are two ways to get GREAT deals on various items: restaurants, haircuts, dry cleaning, etc.
Since we are relatively newer to the Louisville area, Groupons/Living Social have been a great way to get to know the city and the various small businesses.
If you don't already receive Groupon and/or Living Social emails, I highly suggest it! When you log into their websites, you set up your profile and indicate which types of deals you would like to receive in your email. Then you just wait for great deals to come to your inbox!
[On a side note as a suggestion, I have a separate email address that I use for coupons. It seems like everywhere you go, stores are asking for your email address. I know that many people are reluctant to give it, as they don't want those emails filling their inbox. This is why I have a separate email address just for that, so those emails aren't filling my regular inbox. Then, I go through the emails for deals and can quickly review them for anything good, since most stores/retailers will put the deal in the subject line of the email. If the subject line isn't indicative of a good deal, then I usually don't give the rest of the email any thought. It seems like it might take forever to go through these emails, but in reality, it's only a few minutes a day.]
My deal for this week was a Groupon I purchased when I was new to the Grouponing world....
The actual deal was $15 for $30 worth of food at a Mediterranean restaurant. Since I was new to Groupon, they gave me a free $10 to spend on any Groupon. So we got $30 worth of food for $5!!! A great deal! What I love about these types of Groupons/Living Social coupons is that we find places we didn't know existed and we get to try different types of foods that we may or may not have tried had we not had a good coupon. I don't mind spending $5 to try something and see if we like it. Spending $30 for the same thing on the chance we may not like it, seems a little out of my price range. Lucky for us....we loved the food at this place! Definitely may come back some time!!
We brought a friend with us and she loved it too! We even were able to have things we may or may not have ventured out and tried, had we not had the coupon. Turkish coffee....ummmm.....yeah not for this girl! It was so gross....but Gary and our friend loved drinking the nasty tar like coffee!!
Below are the meals we got for $5!! Let your watering mouth lead you to sign up for Groupons!!



No comments:
Post a Comment